In 2012, Ferries App was launched to make it easier for you to read ferry schedules on your mobile device. We just wanted to take a bit of stress out of trip planning!
It remains one of the few unofficial, third-party apps that publishes ferry schedule information in way that is optimized for viewing on your phone.
Since it first launched, over 80,000 people have downloaded Ferries App. And today, we’re happy to announce the biggest update EVER to it!
With this update, you can:
- see schedules and current conditions for 12 major BC Ferries routes ⛴
- see real-time info for each sailing on these routes ℹ️
- set alerts to be notified as vehicle deck space fills up 🔔
- get terminal information, including sailing waits, long-term parking lot availability, and even live cam shots 🚙
It is completely free to download and use, and available now in the Apple App store (psst: Android version coming shortly to the Google Play store!
If you already have Ferries App on your phone and are updating to the new version, please note a few things:
- The new version has a reduced number of routes than the version you are using. This is because we are providing a richer set of information for the routes we support now. See our FAQ for the list of supported routes.
- Schedule and sailing data is only available for the today and tomorrow. We may look at the possibility of adding a longer-term sailing calendar in a future app update.
- Most important! The current version of the app you are using will no longer work after March 31, 2019. We know you’ll love this update, so might as well install it now 😎
The app was built to help coastal residents like ourselves, and we hope you find it useful.
We’re on standby waiting to hear what you think of the latest update to Ferries App. Don’t be shy!
If you like what you see, please consider supporting us in any (or all!) of the following ways:
- Tell your friends about it. You can even share a link to it from within the app itself 😃
- Leave us a 5-star review and some supportive words in the Apple or Google Play stores
- Follow @FerriesApp on Instagram and Twitter
We’d love to hear what you think: how we can improve it, what other features you’d like to see, or problems you’ve had using it.
This is an independent side project and is not officially endorsed by BC Ferry Services Inc. Because it’s unofficial, we can’t warrant that the data in it is 100% accurate 100% of the time.
If you’d like 100% certainty, we encourage you to double check with the BC Ferries website as the official source of schedule and sailing information.