It’s not perfect, but development is far enough along with the next Ferries App update that we’re ready to start accepting testers 🙌
We’re looking for any feedback on the app before we launch it in the app store, and we’d be grateful for your help.
If you travel on BC Ferries and own an iPhone, you qualify!
Here is what you can expect to see in the app:
- ⛴ see schedules and current conditions for 12 major BC Ferries routes
- ℹ see real-time info for each sailing on these routes
- 🚨 set alerts to be notified as vehicle deck space fills up
- 🚘 get terminal information, including sailing waits, long-term parking lot availability, and even live cam shots
A Few Important Notes:
- You are being asked to test a new app, which means some things might not work. This is normal. It’s why we test it first with a limited number of people, so we can identify and fix problems before it’s released to the wider world. 🌎
- This is an independent app and should be considered “unofficial”. It is not endorsed by BC Ferry Services Inc. 🙅
- In the app, you’ll see a banner that asks you to fill out a quick survey. We’d appreciate if you could click it and take 60 seconds to let us know if we’re on the right track with the app 🙏
Getting Access to test Ferries App
Because it’s not yet available in the Apple app store, you need to install it through an app called TestFlight. It’s the standard way that developers send test versions of an app to users. TestFlight itself is owned and managed by Apple, so you can trust that it’s legitimate 🙂
If You are Familiar with TestFlight:
Open this link on your mobile to install Ferries App: https://testflight.apple.com/join/qPFMNYYf
Never Used TestFlight?
It is a straightforward process that has prompts all the way through it. In case you get stuck, below you will find a series of screenshots to walk you through every step. It shouldn’t take more than 60 seconds to setup.
If you’re ready, open this link on your phone to begin! https://testflight.apple.com/join/qPFMNYYf